buildd dependency problems?

I notice one of my package fails on hurd-i386, kfreebsd-* and sparc due
to various dependencies:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=resiprocate&suite=sid

and it appears these dependencies have been unavailable for a long time.

The bottom line is that urgent fixes in the package are not propagating
to testing at all because of these other packages on the least used
architectures

To avoid causing delays for users who want the fixes in testing, I'm
tempted to just change "Architecture: any" and cut out those other
platforms.

I had a brief look here:

http://www.debian.org/devel/buildd/

and I notice it encourages people to make their package portable, which
is great for packages people maintain themselves but I couldn't find any
guidance about the situation I have now.

If I do cut support for those other architectures, is there any way I
can be automatically notified when the dependencies do become available?