Re: PulseAudio

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 06:35:17 +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>One of my friends is a KDE developer and he often complained about
>that. His words were usually "Why on earth are they (KUbuntu) shipping
>that already? It's not ready for production yet and we end up
>getting pointless bug reports about things we already know."

Because they pulled the plug on KDE 3 way too early and released a
technology preview as a .1 version.

This is similiar to grub, where grub 0.x was renamed grub-legacy and
support was pulled at a state where grub 2 was still completely
unuseable. There is one thing grub upstream did right, they waited
until their product was quite stable before they made the jump from
1.99 to 2.0.

Greetings
Marc