Re: [clang] Report bugs on packages failing to build with clang

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 06:36:32AM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> In that case, I'd say they aren't bugs at all.  It may be that a FTBFS with
> clang is a symptom of some underlying issue that should be addressed, but I
> don't think non-wishlist bugs should be filed ONLY on the basis of that FTBFS.
> All that does is impose a burden on package maintainers to determine if the
> FTBFS is a real issue or not.  I don't think that's appropriate for a MBF.

It's not like clang has non-standard ideas regarding the spec, often
times these errors are more strict readings of the spec, and relying on
gcc's quirks isn't a great idea.

If code can be fixed, it'd a good idea, since gcc may (and has, in the
past), changed non-standard behavior to be more correct.

minor severity sounds good to me :)

Cheers,
  Paul

--