Re: default MTA

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 05:58:15PM +0200, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
> I was going to say that by default, this mail was sent to root, but
> checked before I typed and... what? I do have unread local mail!? Just
> to say: at the moment, there's no obvious notification about local mail.
>
> In addition, it is not straightforward to read local mail, especially
> if you are used to reading you mail only via some webmail interface
> (which is more and more common).
>
> We could imagine running a simple biff applet by default in every
> desktop interface, and clicking it could trigger a simple mail reader,
> configured for local mail.

Why would we multiply entities without necessity?  Desktop environments
install mail clients by default, they just should come configured to have
local mail among the accounts.

Most graphical clients can do this:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/192572/how-read-local-email-in-thunderbird
http://askubuntu.com/questions/21695/how-can-i-set-up-evolution-to-access-a-local-mail-box

so that's enough for a biff and a reader.

--
ᛊᚨᚾᛁᛏᚣ᛫ᛁᛊ᛫ᚠᛟᚱ᛫ᚦᛖ᛫ᚹᛖᚨᚲ