Re: default MTA

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 07:37:52AM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> It might help if we used a bit more precision in terimonolgy.  "Not a full
> blown MTA" as described here is a Mail Submission Agent (MSA).  See RFC
> 5598 for details:
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5598#section-4.3.1

A mere MSA cannot handle local mail.  One such example is ssmtp which
doesn't know how to deliver rejections if it can't reach the smarthost,
making all failure notifications outright lost.

I don't think there's a name for a no-listen MTA.

There's no point in prolonged discussions about naming, though.  Just decide
if you're allergic to that rose smell :)

--
ᛊᚨᚾᛁᛏᚣ᛫ᛁᛊ᛫ᚠᛟᚱ᛫ᚦᛖ᛫ᚹᛖᚨᚲ