Re: Automated piuparts when entering the archive (Was: Debian development and release: always releasable (essay))

On 2013-05-21 11:47, Holger Levsen wrote:
> As you asked for numbers, here is one: there are 167 piuparts failures in sid
> today. Thats 167 bugs to file (if they werent already). Which wouldnt have to
> be filed if these packages would not have entered in the first place.
Not to forget the 550 packages that cannot be tested due to these
failures. And 27 depending on unavailable packages (some of these may be
installable on !amd64).

I'm running the sid test a little less strict than piuparts.d.o, there
are only 100 failures (28 not yet analyzed and filed) and 91 packages
that cannot be tested due to other failures (and the 27 packages with
unsatisfiable dependencies). At the time of the wheezy release there
were only about 5 unfiled bugs in sid (in my develop instance).

Right now we are collecting several new uninstallable packages in sid -
while some are temporary due to ongoing transitions, there were also a
few uploads (build-)depending on stuff in NEW or experimental (or
uncoordinated transitions that should have been staged in experimental).
Or rather trivial bugs like moving files around between packages while
forgetting to add/adjust Breaks+Replaces.

Putting them on hold (and allowing redirecting the upload to
experimental) would have 'kept' sid's quality.

Andreas