Re: Temporary solution for changelog problem in binNMUs

Am 14.05.2013 09:30, schrieb Helmut Grohne:
> 1) Raphael Hertzog suggested[1] that metadata could be stored
>    compressed. Is that implemented already? (As far as I can see it
>    would be part of file_show, but isn't.) If not, that would cause
>    an increase in installation size. I guess that a typical desktop
>    system would grow by about 50MB.

IIRC there was also the idea, to de-duplicate that metadata. E.g. for
binary packages built from the same source package, you would only store
the changelog and copyright once.
Some packages do that manually via symlinks right now (an approach I
don't particularly like).
If this is done globally, I think this would actually result in space
savings.

Guillem, is that information about de-duplication correct?

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?