Re: Merging / and /usr (was: jessie release goals)

On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 05:57:19PM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> > Please don't assume that only DDs read debian-devel.
>
> Don't worry, I haven't: I just don't know of a more accurate heuristic
> for determining when somebody started to get involved.

I don't see why, in this context, that's a useful heuristic to have. If
you want to debunk someone's argument, please do so based on their
(de)merits, rather than on when the poster started to get involved.

More specifically for this case, I don't think anyone should be
considered at fault for not having followed n distinct iterations of a
recurring discussion. That's an impossibly high standard to hold people
to. The mere fact that the discussion is recurring should rather hint at
the need of having some kind of documentation about the status of this
discussion (e.g. a DEP, or a wiki page, or a bug report, whatever is
appropriate), containing a summary of the arguments in favors and
against and corresponding counterarguments.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .