Re: Merging / and /usr (was: jessie release goals)

On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 07:21:26PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I don't see why, in this context, that's a useful heuristic to have. If
> you want to debunk someone's argument,

I'm not sure I'd characterize what I tried to get across as debunking someone's
argument. More so, questioning whether somebody - who I do not recall having
participated in the prior discussions - should insist that we shut down this
one, especially when the other participants so far *have* been thinking about
this for a long time, and have not exhibited any untoward behaviour on this
occasion.

> The mere fact that the discussion is recurring should rather hint at the need
> of having some kind of documentation about the status of this discussion
> (e.g. a DEP, or a wiki page, or a bug report, whatever is appropriate),
> containing a summary of the arguments in favors and against and corresponding
> counterarguments.

That's true. Reading mailing list archives can be a chore.