Re: Bug:#700917: desktop-file-utils: call for (co-)maintainership [ITA]

Dear colleagues,

I'm quite concerned that `desktop-file-validate` utility (provided by
"desktop-file-utils" package) is checking .desktop files against
outdated specification. On some occasions such "validation" recommend
changes conflicting with the current specification (see more in
#690279).

Since beginning of 2013 I tried to raise concerns about it but got no
reply from current maintainers whatsoever (see #700917).

I think now would be a good time to upload updated package that I
prepared. I'm taking responsibility for the package by adding myself
to Uploaders. Unless there are any objections I'll wait for a week (or
longer) before uploading.

Thanks.

Regards,
 Dmitry Smirnov
 GPG key : 4096R/53968D1B

---

If any remedy is tested under controlled scientific conditions and
proved to be effective, it will cease to be alternative and will simply
become medicine. So-called alternative medicine either hasn't been
tested or it has failed its tests.
        -- Richard Dawkins, 2007