Re: 2013 sometimes still feels like 2003 or 1993 (Re: NEW processing during freezes

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 04.05.2013, 00:10 +0300 schrieb Timo Juhani Lindfors:
> "Bernhard R. Link" <brlink@debian.org> writes:
> > Once we drop that and only give people the right to modify the
> > software we distribute but no longer the possiblity to do so
> > on their own, the "Free" we are so proud on gets mood.
>
> Doesn't pbuilder make it easy enough for anyone to modify and build the
> software on their own?

easier, but not as easy as
sudo apt-get build-dep foo; apt-get source foo; #hack; dpkg-buildpackage; sudo debi

As a Debian user, I rely on and enjoy being able to build Debian
packages as they are, on the system that I want to run them, without
configuring a build environment or changeroots. I agree with Bernhard
that we should pay attention not to lose that feature.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner