Re: Bug#701536: RM: subsurface -- RoQA; unmaintained package, maintainer MIA
- To: Dirk Hohndel <email@example.com>
- Cc: Khalid El Fathi <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <email@example.com>, Ansgar Burchardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Sylvestre Ledru <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Robert Wolfe <email@example.com>, Dmitrijs Ledkovs <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#701536: RM: subsurface -- RoQA; unmaintained package, maintainer MIA
- From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 20:37:07 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 5133A663.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 20130303113324.466293.FMU31909@air.gr8dns.org>
- References: <[🔎] 20130303120604.GA18525@physik.fu-berlin.de> <[🔎] alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <[🔎] F2C5E82B-6AAC-402B-A557-801174A01B75@elfathi.fr> <[🔎] 20130303113324.466293.FMU31909@air.gr8dns.org>
On 03/03/2013 08:33 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
Would you consider adding one of the active contributors to Subsurface
as a co-maintainer? This is currently a really fast moving project
(3.0.2 will come out tonight or tomorrow, 3.1 is planned for next month)
and it might be easier to have someone who is part of the developer team
helping out with the packaging (this is what we are doing on several of
the other distributions).
If someone from the Subsurface project is actually willing to step up
and help, it would be a great idea. I highly encourage
co-maintainership, especially since help will be coming from upstream.
I'd also be happy to review and sponsor any uploads.
PS: would it be useful for me to include the Debian packaging files in
the git tree? we have an ancient version under packaging/debian but I'll
be happy to update those if you are interested.
Well, no, I actually would not advise doing that. Debian usually prefers
doing the packaging on its own, especially since when there are
sometimes (license) issues which make the software not comply with the
DFSG (which I am not assuming in this case).
A great place for maintaining the packaging for Debian is github, for
In any case, I'd be happy to help with sponsoring.
.''`. John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' : Debian Developer - firstname.lastname@example.org
`. `' Freie Universitaet Berlin - email@example.com
`- GPG: 62FF 8A75 84E0 2956 9546 0006 7426 3B37 F5B5 F913