Re: Bug#701536: RM: subsurface -- RoQA; unmaintained package, maintainer MIA
- To: Khalid El Fathi <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <email@example.com>
- Cc: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ansgar Burchardt <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sylvestre Ledru <email@example.com>, Robert Wolfe <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Dmitrijs Ledkovs <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#701536: RM: subsurface -- RoQA; unmaintained package, maintainer MIA
- From: Dirk Hohndel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 11:33:24 -0800 (PST)
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20130303113324.466293.FMU31909@air.gr8dns.org>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] F2C5E82B-6AAC-402B-A557-801174A01B75@elfathi.fr>
- References: <[🔎] 20130303120604.GA18525@physik.fu-berlin.de> <[🔎] alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <[🔎] F2C5E82B-6AAC-402B-A557-801174A01B75@elfathi.fr>
Khalid El Fathi <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Sorry to answer only now... I was busy with my work. I think I can update the package soon.
That's great news.
Would you consider adding one of the active contributors to Subsurface
as a co-maintainer? This is currently a really fast moving project
(3.0.2 will come out tonight or tomorrow, 3.1 is planned for next month)
and it might be easier to have someone who is part of the developer team
helping out with the packaging (this is what we are doing on several of
the other distributions).
Just a suggestion.
PS: would it be useful for me to include the Debian packaging files in
the git tree? we have an ancient version under packaging/debian but I'll
be happy to update those if you are interested.