Re: Go (golang) packaging, part 2

On 07/02/2013 09:16, Steve Langasek wrote:

>> > Debian's Python build helper tools are still breeding like rabbits,
>> > there is a new one in experimental. I guess because the current ones
>> > dh_python2/dh_python3 don't handle packages that contain only code
>> > that runs on both python2 and python3 without changes.
> pybuild is a necessary adjunct to dh_python3 that provides the dh(1) build
> system integration, not an alternate build helper tool.  I don't think
> "breeding like rabbits" is anywhere near the mark.

Well, relative to other languages, I think Python's had the most changes with
regards to build helper tools -- there was dh_pycentral, and dh_pysupport in the
past which did more or less the same thing in different ways, and now we have
dh_python2, and dh_python3. In contrast, Mono stuff have only had the dh_cli*
set of things, and Java only had the javahelper bunch of things.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin