Re: RFC declarative built-using field generation

On Thu, 2013-02-07 at 20:51 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > Or 'source', short for 'the build-dependency's source code should be
> > treated as part of my source code'.  This is already reserved as a
> > special architecture name for use in changes file.
>
> Hmm, if it's reserved, what use it is reserved for? Wouldn't want to
> step on toes. I can't find where it's reserved in policy.
[...]

What I mean is that a changes file for a sourceful upload has
'source' (and maybe some real architecture names) in the Architecture
field.  Therefore 'source' cannot be assigned as the name of a real
architecture.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Any smoothly functioning technology is indistinguishable from a rigged demo.