Re: Default packages flags

Pavel Baculák <baculak.pavel@post.cz> writes:

> As I am reading this mailing list, I think - download source, unzip and
> read debian/rules is the best way. Any easier way don't exist.  But it
> is a shame that there don't any easier ways.

If there are any inobvious choices to make when building the software
(anything other than "enable every optional feature," since I consider
that the standard default for Debian packages), I make a practice of
documenting those choices in the README.Debian file that comes in
/usr/share/doc with the package.  That's not a universal practice, but I
suspect many people do that.