Re: Go (golang) packaging, part 2

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Chow Loong Jin wrote:

> Having multiple package managers which don't know about each other on a system
> is evil™ (but in some cases, can be managed properly).

Some integration between dpkg and domain-specific package managers
could be useful. With DEP-11, we could have 'cpan install Foo::Bar'
tell you "Foo::Bar is available in your distribution's package
manager, you can install it with apt-get install libfoo-bar-perl.".

Also, GoboLinux apparently have a more advanced system for integration
between their package manager and others like rubygems/cpan.
Unfortunately the video for the presentation about it at LCA 2010 was
lost, but maybe folks who are interested in this could take a look at
the implementation.

--
bye,
pabs