Re: new pkg-monitoring team, Debian in the Ganglia book

On 19/01/13 22:07, Mathieu Parent wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2013/1/19 Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.com.au>:
>

>> A few weeks back, the pkg-monitoring team was created
>>
>> Although we currently look after Ganglia related stuff, it is not
>> exclusively for Ganglia, and could be a good way to collaborate on any
>> package related to metric collection, storage and analysis
>>
>> Anybody wishing to collaborate or migrate packages into the team git
>> repo can join here:
>>
>>   http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-monitoring/
>>
> We also recently created the pkg-graphite team (Graphite is a tool for
> real-time visualization and storage of numeric time-series data).
> Graphite is mainly used with collectd.
>
> I have updated http://wiki.debian.org/SystemMonitoring, about what I
> am aware of.

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for alerting me about this - there are definitely people keen on
using Ganglia and Graphite together

I'm putting this out on the ganglia-developers upstream list as well as
there are people using Ganglia, Graphite or both on Debian and/or
Ubuntu, and these teams provide a good place for upstream developers to
interact with packaging even if they don't get involved in other parts
of Debian

Regards,

Daniel