new pkg-monitoring team, Debian in the Ganglia book

A few weeks back, the pkg-monitoring team was created

Although we currently look after Ganglia related stuff, it is not
exclusively for Ganglia, and could be a good way to collaborate on any
package related to metric collection, storage and analysis

Anybody wishing to collaborate or migrate packages into the team git
repo can join here:

  http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-monitoring/

Also, for those who are particularly keen on Ganglia or extreme RRDtool
deployments, we now have an O'Reilly book, "Monitoring with Ganglia",

  http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920025573.do

which has been put together under a community publishing model.
Royalties are going to charity and I don't get any kickback if you buy
the book.  Under my agreement with O'Reilly, I can personally distribute
copies of the chapters I worked on, please feel free to contact me if
you are interested.  Here is a teaser from chapter 2:

"Debian Based Distributions.

To install gmond on a Debian-based Linux distribution, simply execute:

  user@host:# apt-get install ganglia-monitor"