Re: Bootstrappable Debian - proposal of needed changes

Johannes Schauer <j.schauer <at> email.de> writes:

> Your first example indeed demonstrates why multiple profiles are useful
> to be enabled at once.

Right, wasn’t that the assumption? Profiles are like a bitmask, or
checkboxen. Default is: all are disabled.

>   Build-Depends: foo <!stage1>, bar <!nocheck !stage1>

This is better. No magic needed to both annotate (in debian/control)
and implement (in parsers) to have profiles include other profiles.
Every profile can be “followed” by the eyes by just looking at the
Build-Depends.

I’m wondering how to express “baz, if profile foo, or if profile bar
and not foo”, or something. But I hope it doesn’t come to that (I’ve
no use case in mind), besides, there’s always the ‘,’ and ‘|’ mechanisms.

bye,
//mirabilos