Re: Multiple source package entries in Sources file

Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar <at> debian.org> writes:

> On 12/18/2012 05:09 PM, Niels Thykier wrote:
[…]
> > also a talk about keeping old versions of the source package around for
> > license compliance.  This is mostly related to packages "embedding"
> > (parts of) other packages during builds (I believe they would use the
> > Built-Using header to declare this).
>
> We already do this. But only a few packages need it, for example

mksh in experimental does that (since Built-Using did not get into
Policy before the wheezy freeze), as it provides a statically linked
binary. I believe bash-static must also start doing it soon.

Nice side-effect: the uploads from auto-builders whose libc or gcc
version is not up to date are REJECTed, as the corresponding sources
have already vanished from the archive before the first package B-Uing
them came in… looking at http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=mksh
the only arch whose buildd admin did *not* upgrade their chroots yet
is amd64 out of all things…

bye,
//mirabilos via GMane