Re: RFA: jabberd2 -- Jabber instant messenger server

Hi,

On 19.12.2012 13:53, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> Besides, I'm now a debian developer, and it'd be quite a bit
> silly to ask another person to package my own software for
> debian... ;)

while this is definitely a matter of personal preferences and you are of
course all allowed to do so, let me tell you that there is an opposing
position to yours as well.

Some people (hi Jakub!) do not package their own upstream software on
purpose for Debian because they believe that biases their work on either
side. Clearly there are situations where packaging and distribution
related tasks contradict with upstream's priorities and point of views.

The Debian principle of backporting important fixes instead of upgrading
for example is one of these things where upstream developers tend to say
"WTH? Why don't you just use my latest version".

--
with kind regards,
Arno Töll