Re: Multiple source package entries in Sources file

On 2012-12-18 16:01, Simon Kainz wrote:
> So whats the point in having multiple versions of the same source package?
> I'm really interested in the background if this issue.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon

Besides build failures (as suggested by Roland and Stuart), there is
also a talk about keeping old versions of the source package around for
license compliance.  This is mostly related to packages "embedding"
(parts of) other packages during builds (I believe they would use the
Built-Using header to declare this).

To knowledge, dak does not expose these extra sources yet.  However, I
believe it is the plan to eventually do so.

~Niels