Re: Multiple source package entries in Sources file

On 12/18/2012 05:09 PM, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Besides build failures (as suggested by Roland and Stuart), there is
> also a talk about keeping old versions of the source package around for
> license compliance.  This is mostly related to packages "embedding"
> (parts of) other packages during builds (I believe they would use the
> Built-Using header to declare this).

We already do this. But only a few packages need it, for example
debian-installer or gdb-mingw-w64.

> To knowledge, dak does not expose these extra sources yet.  However, I
> believe it is the plan to eventually do so.

dak currently only uses the Built-Using information to keep the
additional source files in the pool directory, but I would like to also
add them to the Sources index, see #657212.

Ansgar