Math Fonts for Iceweasel and MathJax

Dear Debian maintainers,

Basically, Iceweasel must not depend on ttf-lyx, ttf-mathematica4.1, xfonts-mathml or any other font packages that would lead to the installation of Computer Modern fonts or Mathematica fonts. These old fonts were used a long time ago in Gecko's MathML engine but now they may give weird rendering bugs if they are still installed. However, the dependency on otf-stix should be preserved and possibly a dependency on fonts-oflb-asana-math should be added: http://packages.debian.org/sid/fonts-oflb-asana-math

It would also be great to make Iceweasel depend on the MathJax fonts as they look more like the old Computer Modern fonts. There is one debian package for MathJax here: http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/mathjax but the MathJax fonts should probably be distributed in a separate mathjax-fonts package and the Iceweasel and Mathjax package should depend on that new package mathjax-fonts.

The fonts for Iceweasel can be tested in the MathML torture test:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla_MathML_Project/MathML_Torture_Test

Can the maintainer of the Iceweasel and MathJax package please do something to address this issue?

Thank you,

--
Frédéric Wang
maths-informatique-jeux.com/blog/frederic