Re: Really, about udev, not init sytsems |Subject: Re: Really, about udev

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 06:12:14PM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hi Harald,

Hi Adrian

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 04:58:35PM +0100, Harald Jenny wrote:
> > I have tried systemd but as it does not support the Debian extensions to
> > cryptsetup (namely the crypttab keyscript parameter) it is not a
> > valuable alternative for me - sysvinit and upstart btw do support them,
> > I did not yet get the chance to try openrc (and yes this is a Debian
> > specific feature nontheless present since long time so I argue that
> > people are using it and will also continue to do so). I guess this means
> > that either the Debian systemd maintainer may need to handle this in
> > some way (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=618862) or
> > the Debian users will have to decide how to deal with this matter.
>
> Thank you!

Thank you for bringing up the question

> This is actually a true valid point which I personally would accept as
> an argument against systemd. Without looking into the details, this
> seems to be something that can be fixed by a new upload, doesn't it?

Well the main issue here is that this is Debian specific so if
cryptsetup upstream won't implement this options I guess chances are low
that systemd upstream will modify it's code to deal with it so the best
path currently seems that either systemd or cryptsetup Debian
maintainers (or both) work on a solution. But yes the problem is for
sure technically solvable as it would "just" mean adding some necessary
code to the systemd cryptsetup helper.

> Cheers,
>
> Adrian

Kind regards