Re: Mass bug filling about proprietary code of adobe in our type1 fonts

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 06:43:41PM +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Mehdi Dogguy (mehdi@dogguy.org):
> > On 11/25/2012 02:39 PM, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > > Quoting Bastien ROUCARIES (roucaries.bastien@gmail.com):

> > > Sure, it's a good idea to delay the release a little bit more,
> > > again.
> > >

> > It will not delay the release, if we agree on ignoring them for Wheezy
> > (only).

Assuming the material is OK to redistribute.

> That's correct. It will only make some maintainers lose valuable time
> as well as consume a bit more time of the release team.
>
> PS (to address Bart concerns): the point is not hiding problems. The point is that for *every*
> Debian release I've witnessed, such nitpicking thingies always come
> during the freeze time. I'd prefer nitpickers to be more active during
> the 1.5 year where development of the future release is active.

It's nitpicking depending on how serious one takes the DFSG.  Bug reports are
free to be active whenever they want.  Let's not discourage bug reporters by
calling them nitpickers and by giving the impression that the bug reports would
be less welcome during the freeze time.  In this case I welcome Bastien's
initiative.

Regards,

Bart Martens