Re: Automated rebuilding

Hi!

Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@wrar.name> writes:
> Also, if I understand correctly, testing is not self-contained wrt
> building, so you can either test that a package from sid rebuilds in
> sid (not very useful for release QA) or that a package from testing
> rebuilds in sid (doesn't actually prove anything useful at all).

  Of course it is. Testing is the next stable and you really want to
build updates for stable in stable .. would be bad if one had to build
security updates for squeeze in unstable first .. or wheezy once it is
released. And testing won't magically become self-contained wrt building
once it's promoted to stable so it needs to be before as well.

Regards

    Christoph