Automated rebuilding

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:30:02AM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> I would probably add a "rebuild when entering testing" where this to
> be a perfect world, to ensure continued buildability.
The proper solution to this is regular test rebuilds of testing or
unstable (to make sure packages are still buildable and tests still pass;
bonus points for testing as much as possible during the build process),
together with regular binNMUs of "sufficiently old" packages (not that
critical, but would theoretically give old packages some advantages of
newer toolchains etc.).

Also, if I understand correctly, testing is not self-contained wrt
building, so you can either test that a package from sid rebuilds in
sid (not very useful for release QA) or that a package from testing
rebuilds in sid (doesn't actually prove anything useful at all).

--
WBR, wRAR