Re: Fwd: procenv_0.9-1_source.changes REJECTED

On 20 November 2012 14:42, Thibaut Paumard <thibaut@debian.org> wrote:

> Le 20/11/2012 14:35, Dmitrijs Ledkovs a écrit :
>
>> What's this: lucatelli Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-0.bpo.3-octeon
>> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=llvm-3.2&ver=3.2~rc1-1~exp3&arch=mips&stamp=1353416035
>>
>>  Why is distribution (experimental) building on an out of date
>> backported kernel?
>>

> The buildd hosts are production machines, they're not guaranteed or
> even supposed to run SID (packages are built in chroots).
>
> When your package fails to build due to a *buggy* kernel, you can
> request for an upgrade on this buildd.
>
> Why does the running kernel matter for procenv build? Does procenv run
> on another kernel than that of the machine it was built on?

Well the code in it's current form was discovered to rely on newer
kernel features.
Now I am trying to establish a baseline that could be reasonably
relied upon and I have passed these details to upstream now.
Currently it builts fine, but fails to run on an older kernel,
upstream is working on fixing this runtime error.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.