Re: Fwd: procenv_0.9-1_source.changes REJECTED

On 20 November 2012 13:03, Thibaut Paumard <thibaut@debian.org> wrote:

> Le 20/11/2012 13:37, Dmitrijs Ledkovs a écrit :
>> On 20 November 2012 11:45, Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> So how can you prove that the package builds?
>>>

>> I can give you my sbuild log I did before uploading, but that does
>> not prove anything.
>
> That's why we currently require a binary together with the source. It
> tautologically proves that you successfully built it.

Sure it proves that _I_ built it, but it doesn't prove that it will
build on the buildds.
Hence, my point that in real terms neither debs nor sbuild logs prove anything.
See the case about the minimal expected kernel.

> Furthermore, maintainers should build their packages is a clean sid
> chroot. Note that you can very well build in a virtual machine running
> Debian if your host is not Debian and you want to make sure to use a
> Debian kernel during build.

I did built in sbuild, but not a VM. Is there pbuilder/sbuild backed
by qemu/kvm available anywhere to make that easier to do?

>> It turns out that for the package in question, fails to build on
>> older kernels & my machine has a newer kernel than buildds.
>>
>> Is there any current facility to find out about buildd hosts
>> configuration, e.g. kernel versions? E.g. at lest the minimal
>> version available _across_ all architectures?
>>

> I don't know of any summary for this information, but you can find out
> from build logs on https://buildd.debian.org. Of course you need to
> find a recent build log.

Ok, I will look at it.

> On Barber:
> Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 amd64 (x86_64)
>
> On Brahms:
> Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 amd64 (x86_64)

What's this:
lucatelli
Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-0.bpo.3-octeon
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=llvm-3.2&ver=3.2~rc1-1~exp3&arch=mips&stamp=1353416035

Why is distribution (experimental) building on an out of date backported kernel?

Also MIPS is ahead of x86_64 =)))))

Regards,

Dmitrijs.