Re: Fwd: procenv_0.9-1_source.changes REJECTED

On Tue, 2012-11-20 at 12:37 +0000, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> On 20 November 2012 11:45, Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:10:37AM +0000, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> >> I currently do not have facilities to build the package in question
> >> with the host running Debian's kernel.
> >
> > So how can you prove that the package builds?
> >

> I can give you my sbuild log I did before uploading, but that does not
> prove anything.
> It turns out that for the package in question, fails to build on older
> kernels & my machine has a newer kernel than buildds.

It's a bit ironic that a program that tries to tell you everything about
its run-time environment, depends on such details of its compile-time
environment.

> Is there any current facility to find out about buildd hosts
> configuration, e.g. kernel versions?
> E.g. at lest the minimal version available _across_ all architectures?

The minimum version should be whatever is in stable, i.e. 2.6.32.  This
is also the minimum version it needs to run on (think partial upgrades).

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
compatible: Gracefully accepts erroneous data from any source