Re: Fwd: procenv_0.9-1_source.changes REJECTED

also sprach Thibaut Paumard <thibaut@debian.org> [2012.11.20.1403 +0100]:
> That's why we currently require a binary together with the source. It
> tautologically proves that you successfully built it.

Nope, it does not. It could also prove that you know how to use
changestool to engineer a .changes file combining a source package
with an older DEB file, or even an empty DEB file.

Point being, there is no way to prove that a package builds. And
even if you built it and included it in the upload, you might have
done so on a non-clean chroot or in another whack environment with
e.g. build-dependencies installed without having them listed in
debian/control.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info