Re: major linux problems summary 2012

On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 02:36:24PM +0200, Riku Voipio wrote:
> Perhaps we should stop pretending Linux runs on any random hardware, and
> tell people to buy machines with Linux pre-installed? System76 [1],
> Google [2], Dell, HP, Acer, and others do already so.

Dell's shipping a "heavily patched"[1] Ubuntu to cope with the issues on that
particular Dell laptop. I.e. a kernel patch for the touchpad which is not
acceptable for inclusion upstream because it sends "magic numbers" to the
touchpad. Even then it works badly.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

[1] Might be in the eyes of the beholder.