Re: major linux problems summary 2012

Hi Karol,

Karol Szkudlarek wrote:

> I'm Debian/Ubuntu/Linux enthusiasts which loves using free operating
> systems on my machines, but today in 2012 I'm struggling with many
> problems with setup/tunning my Dell Latitude E6510 and Ubuntu and I
> have some thoughts general thoughts about Linux lacking and problems.
>
> And in the internet I've found great summary of my thougths written by
> Artem S. Tashkinov about Linux:
>
> http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html

I've found you to be helpful and constructive when dealing with kernel
bugs, so I don't want you to be discouraged.

A ping listing bugs that need more attention or a new strategy to solve
them is not a bad thing.  However, the above list is not presented in a
helpful way --- it would be more useful to list bug numbers and to be
specific when possible about what direct action the reader can take to
make things better.

For example:

	"I have been struggling with many problems setting up and
	 tuning my Dell Latitude E6510 on Ubuntu that are also present
	 in Debian:

	 bug#12345 - ...
	 bug#12346 - ...

	 The process has been slow and discouraging.  Any tips for
	 making this go better?  What can I and my friends do to make
	 sure the next new machine is closer to working on Debian out
	 of the box without fuss?"

By the way, the kernel team needs help --- many of the bugs at
http://bugs.debian.org/src:linux-2.6 and http://bugs.debian.org/src:linux
need the work listed at
http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-bugs.html#s9.1.4 done for
them.