Re: greater popularity of Debian on AMD64?

On Wed, 2012-09-05 at 20:57 +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Patrick Matthäi <pmatthaei@debian.org> [2012.09.05.1902 +0200]:
> > amd64 is the name of the x64 CPU architecture and also with my fglrx hat
> > on I think you do not know about what you are speaking (just have got a
> > look at radeon)..
>
> Radeon being owned by AMD and fglrx not having the best reputation,
> I don't quite understand your point.

AMD helped the development of (free software) radeon drivers for their
graphics cards by people supporting the work and by publishing
documents:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=17071788

Intel did too:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=18469079

However for the development of coreboot AMD has been very supportive,
http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-December/042783.html
and Intel not at all,
http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2011-January/062775.html

So  YMWV ;-)