Re: Bug#684396: ITP: openrc -- alternative boot mechanism that manages the services, startup and shutdown of a host
- To: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Serge <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#684396: ITP: openrc -- alternative boot mechanism that manages the services, startup and shutdown of a host
- From: Patrick Lauer <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 13:09:59 +0800
- Message-id: <[🔎] 504198A7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20120831200609.GA16744@physik.fu-berlin.de>
- References: <20120809130307.7498.64495.reportbug@localhost> <20120809135405.GA18318@bongo.bofh.it> <email@example.com> <1344552643.4958.7.camel@tomoyo> <20120810072322.GC10872@anguilla.debian.or.at> <1344585409.4874.20.camel@tomoe> <CAOVenEp82g82SZH2hZ2gZK43jBCu7=-Tm28OQj3aEk8req5iQA@mail.gmail.com> <1346399420.3479.446.camel@pi0307572> <F37B32A1-C915-4F40-9908-CB2858D3CFDD@physik.fu-berlin.de> <CAOVenEpJT63OYbPRtzZcDyk7XkZhi=1VN8sd0tnqd7gv9Pf0Kg@mail.gmail.com> <20120831200609.GA16744@physik.fu-berlin.de>
On 09/01/12 04:06, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 08:28:27PM +0300, Serge wrote:
>> It's often someone says something similar about many ITPs. I believe noone
>> should say things like that, unless he wants to scare everybody away and
>> have Debian forgotten and dead. Saying that you not only reduce the number
>> of bugs in Debian, but you also reduce the number of people working on
>> Debian, because when they hear that they just turn around and go away.
> I don't see how these people help Debian if they start pushing their
> own solution instead of helping to improve what is already there.
Sometimes those two are the same thing ...