Re: Inconsistency between mime-support, shared-mime-info and file for PHP files media types.

Le jeudi 30 août 2012 à 00:38 +0200, Christoph Anton Mitterer a écrit :
> On Thu, 2012-08-30 at 07:16 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >   A type is a subclass of another type if any instance of the first type is
> >   also an instance of the second. For example, all image/svg files are also
> >   text/xml, text/plain and application/octet-stream files. Subclassing is about
> >   the format, rather than the category of the data (for example, there is no
> >   'generic spreadsheet' class that all spreadsheets inherit from).
> This sounds highly interesting...
> I wonder whether this works gracefully together with all standards (but
> at a first short glance, I wouldn't see why not)... and what it needs to
> make applications aware of it.

All applications implementing the XDG MIME specification (e.g. through
GIO or kdelibs) get the benefit of such features (and others such as
aliasing).

Yet people keep screaming that mime-support is awesome and don’t want to
drop it.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :