Re: About the media types text/x-php and text/x-php-source

Hey Benjamin

On Sat, 2012-08-25 at 15:44 +0200, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> > text/x-java
> > text/x-haskell
> > [...]
> Java and Haskell are compiled, but not interpreted languages.
I guess (!!) what was meant there was the source files, e.g. in case of
Java one has:
*.java - source file
*.class - binary
(hope I didn't mix those two up now ^^)

And in this case, "text/" is still preferred.

Now obviously there's a small border; I guess IETF's idea is:
"Can it be exectued/interpreted directly or by some interpreter? Then
application/*"

With things like SVG it's quite tricky,... SVG has "application/" (as
most XML types will have)... the reason probably, that it's interpreted
into "drawing commands".

Yeah.... strange all this ^^.

Chris.