Re: Stuff from /bin, /sbin, /lib depending on /usr/lib libraries

On 08/30/2012 07:15 AM, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> nowadays it is clear that
> the upstream maintainers of various stuff do not support a standalone
> /usr mounted by the init scripts: if /usr is a standalone file system
> then it must be mounted in the initramfs.
Instead of advertizing about (hostile) upstream's (bad) design and
decisions, you might as well, as the maintainer of udev, find ways
around this non-sense and uncruft all this. This would be a lot more
productive than acting as a lemming following every stupid decision
of RedHat, and in the process give us choices in how we setup things
(like using RAID and LVM to store /usr while still being to use an
early boot (recovery) system in / without it).