Re: Stuff from /bin, /sbin, /lib depending on /usr/lib libraries

md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) writes:
> On Aug 30, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:

>> And yet, when we discussed this just a little bit ago, several people
>> asked to keep the distinction because, for them, it provides value.

> A few people ask for silly things all the time, but this in itself is
> not a good enough reason to satisfy their requests.

Sure, we can't do everything that provides value, or even maintain
everything we're currently doing that provides some value to someone.  No
argument at all.  But I think we need to say when we're making tradeoffs,
rather than asserting that there is no tradeoff because there is no value
in the alternative.