Re: Stuff from /bin, /sbin, /lib depending on /usr/lib libraries

On Aug 30, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:

> And yet, when we discussed this just a little bit ago, several people
> asked to keep the distinction because, for them, it provides value.
A few people ask for silly things all the time, but this in itself is
not a good enough reason to satisfy their requests.

> I think there's an open question on whether it's worth the effort to
> support use cases for a separate /usr, but people aren't saying to keep
> support for a separate /usr just out of meaningless consistency or because
> they want other developers to waste time.
Yes, the most popular argument was "I have always done it this way and
I will reject alternative solutions to my needs".

--
ciao,
Marco