Re: About the media types text/x-php and text/x-php-source

On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 15:37 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Then if there is a charset parameter, with a value that refers to
> > some known text character set, I think that one can assume that
> > the contents are encoded with this charset, thus can be displayed
> > as text.
> I don't think that follows at all.  It might just mean that the text
> in (say) the zipfile filenames is in whatever charset is specified.

I agree... the charset parameter does not necessarily imply that one has
plain text.
At least for HTTP it's not defined (at least not int RFC 2616) how the
charset= parameter is to be interpreted, and thus Ian's example is
absolutely valid.

Cheers,
Chris.