Re: Proposal: Making Debian compiler agnostic

On 28/08/2012 17:46, Alessandro Ghedini wrote:
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 05:18:48PM +0200, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
Hello,
Hi,

Currently, it is the case that some packages are expecting gcc and g++
to be the default and (almost) only C and C++ compilers. While it has
been the case for the early days of the project, this assumption causes
more and more issues for folks who want to use something _other_ then
gcc or g++.
Just curious, do you have a list of such packages?

Actually, we are building it.
We have setup a parallel build infrastructure (wanna-buildd + buildd) with some changes (basically, making sure that packages will respect CC & CXX). The rebuild for amd64 and i386 are currently ongoing (as you can imagine, it takes a while). We will share the result once we have them.

Sylvestre