Re: Minified javascript files

On 12-08-25 at 11:29pm, Stephen Kitt wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 12:27:02 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>
> wrote:
> > 2) Each source and binary package (+ core parts) is considered a
> > legal entity of its own.  That's why we can refer to licensing texts
> > existing in common-licenses, but for e.g. Apache license cannot
> > refer to the text shipped with Apache but must repeat that text in
> > each package.  So (build-)depending on other packages is not enough
> > - the required source must exist either in same package or in a core
> > package.
>
> Not quite - there's "Built-Using" now as well, so a package can be
> built using source from another package, and as long as the
> appropriate "Built-Using" relationship is declared in the resulting
> binary packages all the required source packages will be preserved in
> the archives.

Interesting.  Where is that documented?  I fail to locate it in Debian
Policy 3.9.3.1 or Developers Reference 3.4.9 - the documents available
for Debian Sid.

Is this something that our ftp-masters agree with?

More generally, where do one go to keep up-to-date on what is the
standards used by Debian, if not Debian Policy and Developers Reference?

 - Jonas