Re: Minified javascript files

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 12:27:02 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
> 2) Each source and binary package (+ core parts) is considered a legal
> entity of its own.  That's why we can refer to licensing texts existing
> in common-licenses, but for e.g. Apache license cannot refer to the text
> shipped with Apache but must repeat that text in each package.  So
> (build-)depending on other packages is not enough - the required source
> must exist either in same package or in a core package.

Not quite - there's "Built-Using" now as well, so a package can be built
using source from another package, and as long as the appropriate
"Built-Using" relationship is declared in the resulting binary packages all
the required source packages will be preserved in the archives.

(I know this doesn't help in the minified JavaScript case.)

Regards,

Stephen