Re: Minified javascript files

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 12:27:02 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
> 2) Each source and binary package (+ core parts) is considered a legal
> entity of its own.  That's why we can refer to licensing texts existing
> in common-licenses, but for e.g. Apache license cannot refer to the text
> shipped with Apache but must repeat that text in each package.  So
> (build-)depending on other packages is not enough - the required source
> must exist either in same package or in a core package.

Not quite - there's "Built-Using" now as well, so a package can be built
using source from another package, and as long as the appropriate
"Built-Using" relationship is declared in the resulting binary packages all
the required source packages will be preserved in the archives.

(I know this doesn't help in the minified JavaScript case.)