Re: Minified javascript files

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> It seems to me that the primary objection to the presence of these files
> without source is that they are then distributed as part of Debian, in
> the source package. That violates our social contract.

The counter-argument from affected maintainers is that we *do* have the
source.  It just happens to be in a different source package.  We even
know that, because when we build the binary package we use the version of
the Javascript library derived from that other source package.

There is therefore no *actual* violation of the social contract here, just
an inadequacy of bookkeeping.