Re: Enabling uscan to simply remove files from upstream source

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 01:06:14PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > Above means inventing a *new* syntax for files, instead of reusing the
> > existing one from Files: paragraphs.
>
> debian/control, which is 822-like, already supports #-comments. So,
> strictly speaking, we will just reusing a (meta-)syntax that already
> exists elsewhere among debian/* files.
>
> Note, however, that #-comments in debian/control must *start* the line,
> so the above example wouldn't work.

I'm perfectly fine with just not inventing the new syntax because this
would cause myself more work for something I personally would not use
anyway.  The '#' inside the paragraph just came to my mind - so if
somebody really want this he is free to discuss + implement it but I'll
leave it untouched for now.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--