Re: can we (fully) fix/integrate NetworkManager (preferred) or release-goal its decommissioning

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 02:19:19PM +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
Stephan Seitz <stse+debian@fsing.rootsland.net> writes:
On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 01:08:53PM +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
Never mind wireless lan where you've got a well defined kernel API.  Try
to configure a modern 3G/LTE modem using ifupdown, and you will see the
Is this something different from an UMTS usbstick?
[Good explanation snipped]

Thank you very much.

But yes, if „pon umts” is enough for you then you don't need NM (or even
ifupdown - pppd and vim will do).

Right, that is enough for me. I use the UMTS stick only in the holidays about three weeks each year. And I’m glad I will get GPRS in the Austrian mountains. Different LED colours show me the kind of connection.

It seems I have to be careful if I have to buy a new one.

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |