Re: Minified javascript files

* Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> [120818 21:18]:
> The difference is that we need to bug upstream about a file that we
> won't even use. There is no real bug (not even a licensing issue).

They are distributing files without source, so everyone else can either
not just easily modify it or verify if it really does what it is
supposed to do. This is definitely a shortcoming in what upstream ships
and really something you should bug upstream about.

> We request him to add a file that we won't use anyway.

There is more than just "us". If it is for us, they could just remove
the file. It's for the people that those files is supposed to be for.
They should have the right to change it, for which they effectively
need the source.

> I don't know many upstream who have so much free time.

If just adding a source file they hopefully have anyway or to remove
a file does not take much time. (There is a lot of unmaintained
software out there, but as I said, not much difference to getting
any other patch in).

        Bernhard R. Link